How to select a flow meter
How to select a Flow Meter?
- Need to know the five basic things about the application:
- What is the fluid?
- What is the min/max flow rate?
- What is the line pressure?
- What is the pressure and temperature?
- What is the line size
- 2. In some circumstance, we may also need to know the following:
- Specific gravity
- Solid content
- Special materials of construction
3. We’ll also need to know what you want the flow meter to do
- Indicate flow Rate
- Totalize(Resettable and/or non-resettable)
- Signal outputs(Including pulse and 4-20mA, RS485, etc)
- Batch control
- Accuracy demand
4. Which type flow meter do you prefer to
- Magnetic flow meter
- Main power or battery type
- Inline or Insertion
- Clamp-on Ultrasonic flow meter
- In-line Ultrasonic flow meter (main power or battery type)
- Coriolis mass flow meter